July 15, 2014
Detroit Free Press
WASHINGTON — Having largely ceded the airwaves to his challenger, U.S. Rep. Kerry Bentivolio’s re-election campaign is showing signs of trouble as a new poll shows him trailing lawyer David Trott in the Aug. 5 primary by 22 percentage points…
The exclusive poll, an automated survey of 802 likely Republican primary voters done by EPIC-MRA of Lansing for the Free Press, WXYZ-TV and their outstate partners, showed Trott with a double-digit lead with both genders and among the 85% who were at least somewhat certain of their support…
Read the full story HERE.
- The poll indicates a surge of support for Trott with the primary just three weeks away.
- A poll done by Target Insyght for MIRS in May showed Bentivolio leading 33%-21% with 46% undecided.
- In June, Trott’s campaign said an internal poll showed him with a 33%-19% lead, with 47% undecided.
- According to the poll, Trott leads Bentivolio not only among tea party supporters 52%-34%, but also among tea party opponents, 58%-23%.
- Among men, Trott leads 52%-36% with 12% undecided; among women, 53%-26%, with 20% undecided.
(Source: Detroit Free Press)